CHOOSE US FOR THE BEST IN DENTAL CARE TECHNOLOGIES
Digital X-rays are an essential diagnostic tool that provides valuable information about the teeth and surrounding structures that may not be visible during a regular oral exam.
Use of this technology and practice is standard in the dental care industry. Unlike older X-ray machines that relied on X-ray film to capture images, digital X-rays make use of an electronic sensor that captures images to the computer. These images can then be viewed instantly to help Dr. Becker and his team to identify problem areas. In addition, Digital X-ray technology operates at an 80-90% reduction in radiation output.
Radiation Dose / Radiation Source
- 0.01 / Banana
- 8 / Average Radiation your Patient Received Today
- 35 / 18 Bite wing x-rays
- 40 / Radiation Received Flying from JFK- LAX
- 20-60 / Small CBCT
- 400 / Radiation from a Mammogram
- 1,500-1,700 / Annual Dose from Flight Attendants
- 2,000 / Medical Full CT Head
- 6,240 / Average annual Radiation received by a US citizen from all sources
- 50,000 / Maximum Permissible Annual Operator Dose
- 100,000 / Lowest Annual Dose likely Linked to additional increased Cancer Risk